Love great cuisine that won’t leave your taste buds bored to tears? Have a weakness for sophisticated wine that makes your palate sing? You’re in luck because on April 16, 2014 at 7:00 p.m., South Norwalk’s Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant will be hosting their first ever “La Vida del Mercat,” a food and wine event showcasing purveyors from near and far. Taste the bounty of participating vendors, including:
- Caledonia Spirits: Located in Hardwick, VT, Caledonia country is a community inspired by farms where the production of milk, cheese, timber, grains, honey, seeds and herbs are part of life and help define the land. Essential ingredients from local farms are used to produce all of Caledonia Spirits.
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company: An award winning Elmsfod, NY-based brewery.
- Catalan Gourmet: A unique global organization that works with an exclusive network of small food producers in Spain, Catalan Gourmet imports their exquisite products in the USA.
- Docs Maple Syrup: Crafting organic maple syrup at Carpenters Farm in NY.
- Forever Cheese: Importer of cheeses from Croatia, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
- Gretchen’s Selections: Barcelona’s Wine & Spirits Director, Gretchen Thomas, offers wines from the portfolio of premium, small production artisanal wines she manages for Barcelona.
- Monte Nevado: A long-standing family business producing high quality cured hams.
- Recaredo: A family owned Catalonia-based cava producer of organic and biodynamic wines.
The list of purveyors will grow; check Barcelona’s calendar regularly for the list of participants.
Cruise the back room of Barcelona, transformed for the occasion into “La Vida del Mercat,” a farmers market styled walk-around tasting area where you’ll sample and learn from the vendors. However, the food doesn’t stop there—while you’re wandering “La Vida del Mercat” partake in some of the special dishes prepared by Barcelona’s chef using local and seasonal produce from Speckled Rooster Farm of Westport.
Need to take a moment to enjoy your food and spirits? Have a seat and take in the sights (and flavors) at the family-style dining table that will be set up in the middle of the “market.”
This will be a wonderfully appetizing event that you won’t want to miss. The cost is $40 per person, and reservations can be made online at https://fs17.formsite.com/barcelona/wine/secure_index.html.